DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
The term “Dairy Farmers of Canada” or “us” or “we” or “our” refers to the owner of this website. The term “you” or “your” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice to you. You should look at the terms regularly. Changes will not apply retroactively.
2. You may only use the website in accordance with these Terms. In particular, without limitation, you may not use this website:
(a) for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms;
(b) to post, use or transmit data, materials and information, such as data files, written text, computer software, music, audio files or other sounds, photographs, videos or other images (collectively “content”) that you do not have the right to post, for example, under intellectual property, privacy or other applicable laws;
(c) to post, transmit content that is harmful, offensive, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, defamatory, hateful or otherwise discriminatory, false and misleading, incites an illegal act, or is otherwise in breach of your obligations to any person or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
(d) to intimidate or harass another;
(e) to use or attempt to use another’s account, service or personal information;
(f) to remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features that enforce limitations on the use of the website;
(g) to attempt to gain unauthorized access to the website, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the website, through hacking, password mining, or any other means or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the website or any activities conducted through the website;
(h) to impersonate another person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
(i) to post, use or transmit content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the website or servers or networks connected to the website or that disobeys any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations or networks connected to the website; or
(j) to post, use or transmit unsolicited or unauthorized content, including advertising or promotional materials, “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letter”, “pyramid schemes” or any other form of unsolicited or unwelcome solicitation or advertising.
Licensed Material/Intellectual Property
3. This website contains material which is owned or licensed by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, content as well as the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the website. Reproduction or re-distribution of any materials or content is prohibited other than for the purpose of downloading or copying of our teacher documents/website materials for educational purposes and provided that credit is provided to Dairy Farmers of Canada.
4. Using our website does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or in the materials or content you access. You may not use the services, materials or content from our website unless you obtain prior written permission from us. Furthermore, these Terms do not give you the right to use any branding or logos used in our materials or content. You also do not have the right to remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed on our website or displayed in or along with our materials or content.
Use of Website/Third Party Websites/Links
5. Do not misuse our website. For example, do not interfere with our website or try to access the website or its materials or content using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
6. You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
7. From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the material or content of the linked website(s).
8. You may need to open an account or register with us to access certain services, content or materials on our website. If so, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you, (ii) maintain the security of your password(s) and identification, (iii) maintain and promptly update your account or registration information and any other information you provide to us, and to keep it accurate and complete to, among other things, allow us to contact you, and (iv) be fully responsible for all use of your account or registration and for any actions that take place using your account or registration (v) receive occasional program specific emails to facilitate technical support, program specific reminders and evaluations, and program updating processes. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have up-to-date contact information for you. You may not set up an account or registration on behalf of another individual or entity unless you are authorized to do so.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
9. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA OFFERS THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION “AS IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/INDEMITIES
10. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL DAIRY FARMERS OF CANADA, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (THE “DFC PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES (OR TERMINATION THEREFOR FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE DFC PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE DFC PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES), FOR YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE AND SERVICES OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE WEBSITE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
11. You agree to hold DFC Parties (as defined above) from and against any and all loss, expense, damages, and costs, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. Your warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive any termination for two years.
12. Your right to access and use the website or services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Terms. We may, at any time, (i) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to the website or services, or any portion of the website or services, for any reason, (ii) modify or change the website or services or any portion of the website or service and these terms or other policies governing the use of the website or services, for any reason, or (iii). Interrupt the operation of the website or services, or any portion of the website or services for any reason, all as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. Your access to, and use of, the website or services may be terminated by you or by us at any time and for any reason. The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions will survive any termination.
Entire Agreement/Governing Law
13. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of this website, including any services, materials, content or information, and supersedes all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website or services. If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will continue to apply.
14. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and any disputes relating to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
Numerous studies have confirmed the beneficial role of the DASH dietary pattern on blood pressure, and various DASH-style diets have also been examined.Read more
A 2015 meta-analysis of 15 randomized controlled trials (n = 1,533) by Tai et al. examined whether increasing calcium from dietary sources affects bone mineral density. A 2013 meta-analysis of...Read more
There is consistent evidence that milk and milk products play an important role in the development of strong and healthy bones in children and adolescents and in helping them achieve peak bone mass.Read more
Milk products contain many nutrients, such as calcium, vitamin D, protein and phosphorus, which play a key role in the formation and maintenance of optimal bone health.Read more
According to the 2010 report by the World Cancer Research Fund International, the authority on diet and cancer, no conclusions can be drawn between milk products and breast cancer due to limited...Read more